Statistics indicate the representation of women in management and technology decreases as they move through the ranks of the corporate ladder. Studies have shown that women have a hard time “advocating” for their own accomplishments. They often hold themselves to higher standards, critique and second-guess themselves, this phenomenon is known as “Imposter Syndrome”.
In the recent years, there has been a gradual shift in the industry to improve diversity and eliminate unconscious bias in the workplace through training and programs. There is an attempt to address the gender gap by increasing representation of women at the workplace.
Over the past decade, there are several forums and conferences to provide professional training and to increase awareness of issues faced by women in their professional careers. Still there is more work to be done.
Toastmasters is a safe platform for practicing and developing communication and Leadership skills.
The Women LEAD (Leadership, Empowerment, Advancement, and Diversity) Toastmasters club provides a platform to:
- Discuss topics close to your own heart, while building confidence in public speaking
- Network with fellow Toastmasters to learn from their experiences to chart your own path for success
- Confidently express and present your ideas
- Learn about key “LEAD” topics by hosting speakers and panels, as well as by researching and presenting industry best practices
- “Pay it Forward” by mentoring your own fellow toastmasters.
This is a perfect opportunity for you to “find your own voice” by honing your communication skills. We always welcome men to join this club, as male allies are important advocates for women in the corporate world.Constant learning and building skills is an important for personal growth and development.
Do not wait and take this first important step to start your journey.
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com.