You asked. We answered.
What is International Toastmasters?
Toastmasters is the leading organization in communication and leadership development. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders globally. Each Toastmasters club has a unique character.
Toastmasters programs include Education Program, Pathways Learning Experience, Interpersonal Communication Program, Speechcraft, Youth Leadership Program, Distinguished Toastmaster.
Women L.E.A.D. Toastmasters belongs to Region 2, District 101, Division D, Area 02. We chartered on January 24, 2021. And we have 28 members to date.
District 101 currently has programs like Lucky 7 (all seven Club Officers attend Club Officer Training), Reboot, Refuel, and Rebuild Open House Challenge, President’s Club, Marvelous March, and many more.
What is Women L.E.A.D. Toastmasters?
Women L.E.A.D. (Leadership, Empowerment, Advancement, and Diversity) Toastmasters, an international Toastmasters club, provides a safe virtual platform to practice public speaking, develop leadership skills, and empower women leaders. All are welcome.
L.E.A.D. stands for leadership, empowerment, advancement, and diversity. We bring underserved topics to the forefront with monthly tailored themes and bi-weekly meetings on Wednesday. We empower the community with content-rich practical advice via blog posts, videos, and book selections. We further deliver tailored and pop-up workshops to hone in on specific skill set development. Together, we build a vibrant, safe, and positive community for women leaders to thrive and succeed cross industries.
We now reach people from more than 50 countries. Many of the paying members are from industries in semiconductor, law, environmental science, healthcare, higher education, consulting, retail, tech, and marketing. We came from schools like Berkeley, Stanford, MIT, Harvard, University of Washington, Virginia Tech, University of Mumbai, University of California, Los Angeles, University of California, Davis, University of California, Irvine, Santa Clara University, Northwestern University, and North Carolina State University. We are small business owners, business and technical leaders in our industries, invested in our futures and others.
Are both men and women welcome?
Yes. This club is open to all.
How often does Women L.E.A.D. Toastmasters meet?
- Regular Meetings – bi-weekly on Wednesdays, 6:45-8:15 p.m. PDT
- Pop-up Workshops – one Wednesday of the month where we don’t have regular meetings, we have a featured workshop. On Fridays, 12-1 p.m. PDT, we host many supplemental workshops based on members’ requests.
- Bi-monthly Virtual happy hour – Join us for a bi-monthly happy hour on Wednesdays, where we meet in a more casual setting to chat and play games. You will have the chance to connect with other members in breakout rooms, and we will guide the fun with conversation prompts and online games. Games include Taboo, Charades, Code Names, Pictionary; and we are open to game requests. BYOB and snacks!
- Details can be found here.
Are the meetings recorded?
How can we get connected with you guys?
You can find us on many social channels. Paying members will be given an exclusive WhatsApp link to join our WhatsApp channel.
Is it free to attend?
It’s free to attend any of the meetings. You may participate in the meetings as a guest and join the Table Topics session. However, when you want to deliver speeches, you are required to pay a membership fee to speak, get access to the Toastmasters portal, and the Pathways educational curriculum.
How much is the membership fee?
We charge a set fee for a set duration. Please reach out to our VP of Membership for more details. See officers’ page for more info.
How do I get connected to the officers?
We are here for you and you can reach all of the officers here:
- President – Renee Yao | email@example.com
- Treasurer – Samantha Jamwal | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sergeant at Arms – Sarah Tang | email@example.com
- Secretary – Vicky Pan | firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP Education – Abhijeet Joshi | email@example.com
- VP Public Relations – Khushboo Shah | firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP Membership – Priya Shastri | email@example.com
If I want to be an officer, where can I learn more about the roles?
You may find the details on club officers roles here: https://www.toastmasters.org/leadership-central/club-officer-tools
We also have Area Directors, Division Directors, District Directors, and other leadership roles to hone in on your leadership abilities. See here for more details: https://www.toastmasters.org/leadership-central/district-leader-tools/leadership-roles/district-executive-committee-roles